A facelift or rhytidectomy improves the signs of aging on the face and neck by removing excess skin and wrinkles and by sometimes also tightening the facial muscles. It corrects issues from the lower eyelid down to the neck.
Plastic surgeon, Dr. Rednam, is experienced in performing this aesthetic procedure. Also referred to as fascialplasty or surgical facial rejuvenation, this surgery helps patients achieve a wrinkle-free, youthful face.
Signs of Aging That Can Be Treated By A Rhytidectomy
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
- Fine lines and wrinkles of the skin
- Laxity of the lower eyelid
- Mid-face sagging
- Jowls caused by low muscle tone in the lower face
- Double chin
- Loss of sharp neck contour
Different Types of Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
At our AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities)-accredited surgical facility, we offer different types of facelifts based on your specific condition that include:
- Skin-Only Lifts – Lifting only the skin layer along with the fatty layer off the muscle.
- Dual-Pane Lifts – Elevating the skin in a separate plane as the deeper facial tissues.
- Composite Lift – Elevating the skin and deeper tissues together.
- Subperiosteal Lifts – Addressing the deeper tissues for patients with more facial aging in the cheek area.
- Short Scar Lift – Allowing for a more vertical facelift with intense focus around the cheek.
The procedure involves raising the skin and elevating the underlying facial musculature and facial support to a more anatomic and pleasing position. Excess skin is removed and the incisions are concealed around the ear.
Widely recognized for her excellence in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Rednam performs the procedure on an outpatient basis. Slight bruising and swelling may occur that may last for approximately ten days. However, most patients are able to return to their normal activities in one to two weeks. Before choosing the type of surgery, Dr. Rednam will study your medical condition and listen carefully to your cosmetic goals so that she can personalize the procedure.