Botox Cosmetic is a cosmetic injectable that can provide an aesthetic improvement to the effects of aging. It is made from Botulinum toxin type A, which is a neurotoxin that works to relax overworked facial muscles that can cause you to look old, tired, or worn out. Patients who use Botox typically have a younger, more refreshed facial appearance.
Botox can provide the following:
- Botox ® can reduce forehead wrinkles, deep and superficial lines, furrows, and frown lines that appear between the eyebrows, crow’s feet, frown lines, nasolabial folds, and other early signs of aging.
- It can temporarily lift the brows by selective denervation to achieve the same results as a brow lift.
- Considerable improvement in marionette lines in the perioral area, if treated along with fillers.
- This injection can be used for medical purposes, especially to relieve migraine headaches and reduce excessive underarm sweating.
Before the injections, Dr. Rednam marks the injection sites with a marker to most effectively use the filler. Her extensive experience in administering injections ensures that all of her patients receive a unique treatment. She then numbs the injection sites with anesthetic cream so patients don’t feel pain throughout the procedure.
During the procedure, Dr. Rednam injects the Botox with a fine needle into each muscle. The process takes only a few minutes, and patients can see improved results almost immediately.
Botox provides a lot of benefits for patients. These include the following:
- The treatment takes only a few minutes
- It doesn’t require anesthesia
- Performed as an outpatient procedure that is convenient to patients
- It takes approximately three days to see initial results
If a patient needs additional injections, they are performed two weeks following the initial procedure. Fortunately, patients are able to return to normal activity practically immediately. Some patients even choose to get the procedure on their lunch hour, since there is minimal recovery and the procedure is so quick.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about Botox or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rednam, call (713) 791-0700, or email her patient coordinator, Stephanie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.